Friday, July 25, 2014

Internet service provider rant.

Could someone PLEASE help me!  Is there any way to get good customer support either online or on the phone anymore? and both had people on the other end who have really bad head-sets or phone systems. I swear the voices were worse than a tin-can-string phone from childhood!

Furthermore, online I find NO WAY to initiate service and request a static IP.

I'm thinking of leaving AT&T because they are VERY VERY slow to correct billing changes and my monthly cost has gone up to $122/month for 20 Mbps down/1.8 Mbps up speeds. $15 of which is for static IP.

Comcast technical support says over the phone that they can do the static IP for free.

They offer 50 down/ 15 up for 12 months at $53 (includes 3.95 in-home cable maintenance) at my address but I only have the word of the tech person that static IP is available and free.

I wish I could find ANY provider not Hughs, not frontier, not AT&T and not Comcast!

If I want to start an ISP, I have to pay one of them for the connection to a major hub in Atlanta (I believe) and what incentive do they have to give me a fair deal since I would be a competitor?

I love OmNetworks back in Davis, California.  I wish I could do something like that here in Atlanta.

No comments: